Welcome to the home page for the Office of the Chapter 13 Trustee in Tacoma Washington. This website is designed to serve as a resource to the Chapter 13 community. Our office is committed to excellence and we strive to provide a high level of trust and service to the participants in the Tacoma/Vancouver areas.
Please browse through the various sections on this site and acquaint yourselves with our local practices, procedures and contact information. I particularly encourage you to review the section of frequently asked questions.
David M. Howe
We are hosting a series of TIPS meetings in the month of November:
Monday, November 3, 2014 at 3:30 p.m. in the 341 Meeting Room at the Vancouver Federal Building.
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 11:30 a.m. at the Trustee’s office in Tacoma.
Topics will include:
- A discussion on the effect of taking fees on receipts instead of fees on disbursements.
- Judge Lynch has given us direction on how to capture original attorney fees on a case that is being dismissed pre-confirmation.
- Inherited IRAs are not exempt.
- Thomas Buford of the United States Trustee’s office will give an update on his office and involvement in Chapter 13.
- Open discussion on questions relating to 1329a requests.
- Open discussion on questions relating to attorney fee requests.
- Open questions.
Attorneys and their staff are invited to attend. Please RSVP here.